We provide a holistic method of encouraging the body to promote its own natural healing.
Whether long-lasting or recently developed, pain can interfere with the quality of your life -- restricting activity and even causing you to become depressed.
We can help with both acute and chronic conditions.
· Acute pain is of short duration, usually the result of an injury, surgery or illness. This type of pain includes acute injuries, post-operative pain and post-trauma pain.
· Chronic pain is an ongoing condition, such as back and neck pain, headaches, neuropathic pain (nerve injury pain), musculoskeletal pain, and pain related to illness. Often these chronic pain conditions have not responded to conventional therapies.
The treatment plan developed by our team will be specially tailored to your condition and degree of pain, your needs and your personal objectives. Your treatment plan may included a single approach, or a combination of different types of therapies, including Acupuncture, Herbs, Chinese Medical Massage and a range of rehabilitation therapies.
Acupuncture is a safe, painless alternative, and a very effective procedure for eliminating or relieving pain. Acupuncture can greatly enhance the effect of other therapies, as well as reducing unwanted side effects from conventional medicine, because it:
· stimulates the body’s natural healing
· quickly reduces pain and inflammation, and relaxes muscles
· increases circulation to speed up recovery time
· maintains longer positive results and prevents recurrence
· reduces pain without the prolonged use of drugs and surgical intervention
· promotes physical and emotional well being
· enhances endocrine and immune function
· lowers cost, acupuncture treatments are less expensive
· fully integrates with other therapies
The modern scientific explanation is that acupuncture stimulates the body to produce natural steroids and release endorphins. Steroids decrease inflammation, while endorphins inhibit pain. These substances are 50 to 100 times more potent in relieving pain than many prescription drugs, and play an integral part in the elimination of the pain cycle.